Tuesday 15 May 2007

Ex-XXL Update 15 May 2007


Sorry I am a bit late with the update, the computer's playing up a bit. Most of us have lost weight this time and I have recorded my first ever loss! Well done, pingpong & cafferty - will one of you record the first two stone loss or will it be someone else?
I am a bit disappointed with my loss so I've decided to change tactics - the Tacx has been put away for now and I'm just concentrating on roadwork. two nice 20 mile runs yesterday and today - one on the MTB and one on the road bike. Went to the local bike shop yesterday to get the gears adjusted and to replace the rusty gear cables - two cables, rear mech re-aligned and both mechs adjusted. Guess how much? £10? £20? Not even close - about £1-50. Today the road bike went in for gear adjustment - about 60p! The only maintenance that I do now is cleaning the bike and pumping the tyres up - am I getting lazy?

P.S. RPMK has just pointed out a few errors - it is, of course, May and not April! Your new age (63!!!) has also been changed and so has the table

No comments: